Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Conceal the clutter and look better!

Posted 05-25-2021 16:43

Let's face it, your home office space may not be as neatly organized as you would like, and it can be embarrassing to show the clutter in a video meeting with colleagues. I have been in that situation many times, and it's not fun! The virtual background feature in 8x8 Meet can easily solve that challenge for you and your employees, saving time and headaches for all involved. Easily replace your real-life environment with photographs of your choice, such as a nicely decorated office space or your favorite outdoor setting (It's Half Dome for me :D), and show up in style! 

Tip: Want to ensure that you are in focus and not Half Dome? Quickly blur your background instead for a professional look.

Setting up a virtual background in 8x8 Meet is quick and simple. Have you tried this feature? Let us know how you like it.

------------------------------
    Nalini ananthamurthy

• 2.  RE: Conceal the clutter and look better!

Posted 05-26-2021 23:46
    Honestly, virtual backgrounds weren't a thing I was terribly anxious for until they became available and I tried them out. It really is the blur effect that I prefer to use the vast majority of the time as my WFH "office" is in a corner of our open concept apartment, and behind me you can see dining room, living room, and kitchen (all the marked domain of a rambunctious 5-year-old). I will say, though, that I'm super impressed that the virtual backgrounds work flawlessly without the need for a green screen or any plain, uncluttered backdrop!

Joel, 8x8 Global Customer Care
    Minneapolis

• 3.  RE: Conceal the clutter and look better!

Posted 08-24-2021 06:07
    I have to say, in the 8x8 videos meetings I've attended since the Virtual Backgrounds were introduced, the Blur effect has, by far, been the one I see used most often.   It's great for when you have that less-than-organized background.    And, lets be real.   If you think others on the meeting aren't noticing every detail in your background, you're fooling yourself.       So, give them less to be distracted about.  :-)

Steve ONeal