Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  New customer RANT

Posted 01-06-2022 13:45
    Question for all. I began researching 8x8 last year in July. I sent about a dozen different emails to sales reps asking to get started. I got essentially blown off.  I finally got a sales rep to give me a contract, and I promptly signed with no demo or substantive conversation about the system. Which I wanted, but didn't need, as I did my research months prior and didn't need much more info. I knew enough to know the at 8x8 was the right fit for our needs. Once I got a contract signed. I was told I'd be getting a training, someone would call and help port numbers, etc. Nothing. I told them I'd like to go live on Jan 1. It's Jan 6th and still no calls from 8x8. I called to get help, and find a person that may want to help a new customer out. He was nice, but said that this was the sales dept (the number you push when you want a person to talk to) but couldn't help me. He said that he'd pass along my info to the people that can help me. He said that they'd call that day or the next business day. He assured me that they would for sure be contacting me. Nothing. 

I'm a business owner with 45 employees. I've been trying to be a customer since July 2021. (think about that) So far, even after eventually signing a contract, and stating my start date of Jan 1, to use system. It's now Jan 6th and nothing. I guess my question is, how is a phone company this hard to speak with? I'm probably the easiest vender/client in the world, but this is just maddening. Again, if someone was trying to give me money since July of 2021 and it's Jan 6 of 2022 and these "work from home" sales reps can't get their act together and follow thru with paid promises, then I don't know what else to do. I mean they are making my internet/cable provider look like Betty White. 

Here's what I want. I'd like to pay you. In return, set up my service, or show me how. Maybe, just maybe call me up and say, "welcome, thanks for your business, would you like to see how to use what you pay for?" Then I set up phone services, and we both go about our business. Can someone on here show me where the white flags are? Because I surrender.

------------------------------
    The New Guy

• 2.  RE: New customer RANT

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 01-07-2022 05:02
    New Guy, 

Sorry to hear the frustration. If you are looking for training, we have multiple options, one being self-paced using our "University," which has many videos and documents

1. Using the softphone / work application --> https://www.8x8.com/university/catalog/8x8-work-for-desktop
    2. Configuring the system --> https://www.8x8.com/university/catalog/8x8-admin-console

Both are free to use as much as you like.

If you would like instructor-led sessions (paid) on your system's Administration/setup, we have this course --> https://www.8x8.com/university/catalog/8x8-work-admin-config, which covers the vast majority of setup/administration.

Last but not least, if you want to go the extra mile and pay for a deployment, I will ping you directly for your customer name and will have someone reach out to you; we have a few options there as well, which range from we do it all to we do one with you and you do the rest (aka one ring group, one user, one call group....)

Paul Chase
    8x8 Network Engineer (Pre-Sales and Deployment)

• 3.  RE: New customer RANT

Posted 01-07-2022 06:02
    It seems to me that if someone is paying for the service to begin at their business, there would be better support than " self-paced using our "University," or pay as you go instructor service.  I have found that customer service is spotty at best, I have no idea where my account manager went, he never responds to emails or phone calls.   There was an initial "class" to get started with, but that was a quick overview with no details.  I've been trying to get my system to roll over to voicemail when we are closed based on our calendar for months, but instead I have to manually change in the morning and the evening.  
    After the sale support is very weak.

Doctor Office 1 Five

• 4.  RE: New customer RANT

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 01-07-2022 18:18

Doctor Office 1 Five,

I agree that having access to timely support is the most important thing, especially with getting setup on a new system. I am grateful that the community platform is available. Prior to this, I’m not sure how customers were able to reach out to one another for help. 

Regarding your issues with voicemail rolling over for your schedule, consider starting a new thread so we can have this conversation visible for others who may want to do the same. 

Share what your current operating hours and days of operation are. 

Also, list if you’re using Contact Center, Auto Attendant through 8x8 Work or fielding live calls via the front desk as customers call in. 

I’ll see can get this working on my end and will share my results. 

Jahmal Abbott

• 5.  RE: New customer RANT

Posted 01-07-2022 07:37
    Unfortunately, I see a lot of this and not just from 8x8.  As a "phone guy" for over 30 years who sells 8x8 as well as other carriers, I'm always surprised by customers who call into a call center to order their phone service rather than their local phone guy who could have come out and surveyed your office, tested your network, interfaced with your IT group, and learned enough about your business to properly set up the programming and provide on-site training.  Sure, all the carriers offer the free "self-installation", but that only gives you about an hour over the phone to program and train with someone you've never met and knows nothing of your business model and how would be the most effective way to setup your phone service.  You don't pay anything more for the monthly service, only the initial installation and I would hope that would be worth the little bit extra to make sure the transition goes smoothly.  I know this doesn't help much at this point, but I would recommend you find someone local that is a channel partner with 8x8 that can assist you moving forward.

Ken Berta

• 6.  RE: New customer RANT

Posted 01-07-2022 14:36
    Hi JD.  We just tried calling the contact number on file.  We are following up with an email as well.  Let us know if you don't receive it.

Julie Zimmermann

• 7.  RE: New customer RANT

Posted 01-23-2022 02:11
    Yeah.  I've been trying to sell 8x8 to end users thinking, "Hey, we are using it with our small company.  It should be great, right?".  Turns out it's not.  The support is dismal at best.  If this guy is a new customer (regardless of service level chosen) an implementation team needs to be available for number porting, initial setup, etc.  We are in a world where time wasted learning a system is not applicable to our needs.  Also, the interface for 8x8 is not very intuitive when trying to get granular control of things.  There are problems with the mobile app I use on Android, problems with 8x8 Work and 8x8 Work Beta (that I had to use until recently).  I, personally, prefer 8x8 Work instead of cluttering my computer with more software.  The refer.8x8.com portal does not result in potential customers that I refer to 8x8 getting phone calls.  I still have a potential client that is standing by and has not gotten a call.  I submitted a request at least a month ago.  Seriously, all of these posts are pointing to self-help resources.  If support is really only available via a paywall, then make it known and make it work.  I dealt with Cytracom for a while in the past and they had a lot of bugs and no mobile phone app.  Now they have a mobile phone app and are a partner with Datto for RMM for MSP companies.  I've not found one VoIP company that is really worth using in all areas, and like other things I end up having to learn more about the products then the companies that support them (at least that is how it seems).  For example, a Pentair pool system.  I had to tell them how network traffic works and also tell them how their equipment communicates wirelessly to a control panel on a wall that they installed.  Why, because, they didn't know.

Scott Lucas

• 8.  RE: New customer RANT

Posted 01-28-2022 09:20
    JD,
    If you havent signed a contract with 8x8, I suggest going elsewhere. If you do, be warned that their contracts bind you for the full term with no exit clause, and they auto-renew annually.  

Customer service sucks. Tech support is practically non existent. Dont waste your time. 

I regret ever coming to this company.

Jim Bednarz