Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Pro Tip Tuesday: WorkD/W/M Personalization

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 12-07-2021 06:59
    Work for Desktop, Work for Web, Work for Mobile, shortened to WorkD/W/M. Everyone has their own personal way to get stuff done, and I thought I would share some of my personal favorites and see what others out there are doing.

I prefer using Work for Web over installing the thick client on my pc, which currently is in beta but really is rock solid. but all of the options unless explicitly called out are available in all version of work.

• Dark Mode, cannot live without it, click on settings | Look and Feel and choose. I have my pc set to dark mode (in Windows 10) so it is picked up using the OS Settings.
    • Open multiple chat windows, this allows me to work up to 6 chats at one time, this also allows me to keep a chat open that I need to remember to get back to later. Settings | Open multiple chat windows
    • For meetings I enable Use a different meeting for every event I schedule which changes my meeting link for every meeting. This prevents people from jumping into a meeting if one overlaps.
    • Unfortunately I do not do well in English class so I need a little help, because I use Work for Web Grammarly works inside of work for web chat, which saves me most of the time.
    • I use a headset with Work for Web, but I also enable the 2nd ring source should I take my headset off, I can still hear the incoming calls.
    • I also use the Busy Light for Plantronics Hub to work with my Busy Light indicator

So share with me what you find helps you be more productive (or saves you) in your environment.

------------------------------
    Paul Chase
    8x8 Network Engineer (Pre-Sales and Deployment)

• 2.  RE: Pro Tip Tuesday: WorkD/W/M Personalization

Posted 12-07-2021 20:37

I could not agree more @Paul Chase! I was ecstatic when Work for Web finally made it's debut.​ We've come such a massively long way since the old VOO. It's snappy, looks great, is accessible from any PC or Chromebook (which is what I typically use it on), and -- my favorite thing -- usually gets the newest chat/call/meetings/UX features introduced before the GA release of new Work for Desktop versions.

The Grammarly tip is genius, I hadn't even thought of that!

Joel, 8x8 Global Customer Care
    (he/him/his)
    Minneapolis