View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

8x8 Admin Wish List

• 1.  8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 03-10-2022 13:40
    Hi folks,

Here is my wishlist for 8x8 Admin Console features, 

• Ability to bulk upload sound files.
    • Ability to search for sound files (like you can search on many other 8x8 console dropdown menus)
    • Add an option that allows the extensions that have not established a recording of their spoken name to utilize the TTS engine to speak their name.
    • A way to forward numbers externally without the use of ring group (as a make shift call forward object). Is there a better way to call forward a number?
    What are some of your ideas?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Eric Jensen

• 2.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 03-11-2022 06:54
    Eric,

I wholeheartedly agree with the ones you suggested. We have a lot of users and to find a voice prompt for  my AA that starts with "T" I have to scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, until I get to the prompts starting with T. Had to start putting "1-" in front of them all.
    Call forwarding idea was also a great one.
    I would also like to be able to give a ring group or queue an email address to send the emails within the ring group/queue settings, instead of having to create a licensed dummy user to be the voicemail recipient. It's much better to be able to send the email to a shared group email address than to send it to every user in the group because if not, they all get the voicemail separately and have to figure out amongst themselves who is going to call the person back. With a shared email box they all see if the message is read or the person reading it can pull it out of the shared box so others don't call the same person back.

Also would be nice to be able to add a cost center code directly to the user within Admin, instead of having to go to a separate portal and assign the cost center code to the user, their phone number, and their license.

Eric Nye

• 3.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 03-11-2022 07:19
    The ability to email from a ring group/queue is something that they reserve for VCC product. Agreed that it would be nice though.

One thing that would also be nice is a FULL listing of reserved extension numbers that are meant for use with the system (i.e. 555, come numbers in the 600 - 620 range, etc).

Thanks!

Eric Jensen

• 4.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 05-28-2023 02:09

Love the ideas. Mine is really, really simple. Within 'contacts' in admin provide better capability to add numbers for businesses. The current format is designed for customer contact details. So being able to capture what type of number it is then have an appropriate format to add it into - so things like first or last name are irrelevant for us as we're contacting contractors/third-parties where the person we speak to isn't necessarily a 'named' individual. 

Not a big one but something I find particularly irritating :).

Christopher Nicholson

• 5.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 03-11-2022 07:30
    I too like all of those suggestions and would add one more. The ability to run a report that shows all of the extensions that do NOT have at least one voicemail greeting setup.

Pamela Jeter

• 6.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 03-11-2022 08:30
    Hey Pamela,

This feature sort of exists. If you export a list of users and have it include a listing of recording names for their various greetings, it can show you. There is a caveat to this though. It will not show a record of the recording if it was established through the dial in voicemail. Also, looking at the user's account doesn't show a recording is assigned either. Not sure if this is a bug or a design limitation... Most of my users use the 8x8 app / 8x8 portal to establish greetings, which will show a record of the greeting. 

This is a reason why I suggested that those who do not have a greeting recorded, there should at least be an option to have the TTS engine read the first and last name of the user. 

Thanks

Eric Jensen

• 7.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 03-13-2022 08:50
    Those are great suggestions. I would like to add the following. 

Greater capabilities with bulk edits or uploads are needed.

I would also like to add,

• Allow users to delete their own greetings.
    • The ability to add individually Ring Group to VCC directory.

Ralston Reid

• 8.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 03-14-2022 02:10
    Admin Console features I would like to add

1. To be able to bulk upload user changes from csv file.
    2. To be able to sync the user data base with Active Directory 
    3. To be able to search user data base by Deptment
    4. To be able to search Devices by user or number

Pat Appleby

• 9.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 03-14-2022 06:10
    Hi Pat, 

I can say that your first request on your list is possible. You must first load the admin portal using this link

https://admin.8x8.com/?on=showBulkEditUsersCSV

Then the bulk edit link will appear at the top right. You can use the same template form as you use for uploading new users. Make sure that the CSV has at least the User.UserName column filled in and then add columns for whatever you want to bulk edit.

Eric Nye

• 10.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 03-15-2022 03:05
    I tried this previously it duplicated all the records.

Pat Appleby

• 11.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 03-15-2022 07:28
    Pat,

Sorry that happened. Maybe you had accidentally done the bulk upload instead of bulk edit. I just did one last week for 200 users to change them from an X1 to an X2 and it worked great.

Eric Nye

• 12.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 03-15-2022 08:28

Thanks Eric

My version doesn't the Bulk Edit upload button that yours has

Pat Appleby

• 13.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 03-15-2022 11:54
    Pat,

It only shows that option if you open the admin page using a custom link admin.8x8.com/?on=showBulkEditUsersCSV

Having that "showbulkeditusersCSV" in the link makes it so that option shows in your admin interface. If you use just the regular admin.8x8.com you won't see it.

Eric Nye

• 14.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 03-15-2022 12:01
    Hi all,

Extra care and attention must be used when utilizing this function. As a suggestion, I would do an edit with a single test account to make sure it works as you anticipate. Just my 2cents.

Thanks

Eric Jensen

• 15.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 03-15-2022 14:39

Morning,

A few things we would like to see

• Ability to search for company contacts or filter in a more structured way – When you have over 500 (and you can have 4000) scrolling through to update a contact is ridiculous
    • Overall view of VM and if somebody is not checking their VM
    • Reporting for Status changes – mainly DND time in particular

Thankyou

Christine Cullen | Information/Quality Manager |

110 Chifley Drive | Preston VIC 3072 Australia |
    P. (03) 9484 8102 | F.(03) 9484 8134 |

W. www.omni-care.com.au

banner

Tell us how we are doing. Select our Logo below to provide us with your feedback

I respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Aboriginal Owners of Country throughout Victoria and pay my respect to the ongoing living cultures of Aboriginal peoples

image004.png@01D5993F.FED37D00image005.jpg@01D5993F.FED37D00

• 16.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 03-17-2022 03:39
    Thanks Eric,

That will make a great difference, I would why its hidden.

Pat Appleby

• 17.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 05-04-2023 10:18

Hi Eric, Do you know of any other hidden flag URLs 8x8 has? 

Justin Mangano

• 18.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 03-14-2022 13:46
    All great suggestions!!  I would also like to see the ability to change the audio file for calls placed on park rather than just calls that are placed on hold.

Ken Berta

• 19.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 04-14-2022 15:11
    Great topic! 

In Avaya, there is a command "status station" (among other statuses) that will show you everything associated with that extension.  Is it being forwarded? Is DND turned on?  Does it belong to any hunt groups? etc.   It makes trouble shooting so much easier.

I would like to be able to remove a photo from an account in the admin console without having to remove the entire account.

I wish we could dial by extension to our VCC phone numbers.  Right now, I have auto attendants setup as a work around.

Beth Steiger

• 20.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 04-22-2022 02:25
    Hi,
    Top of my list would be to show the Ring group or Queue a users is in within the user details, rather than having to check through them for the user.
    The forwarding option would be great too.
    Thanks

Ged Attwood

• 21.  RE: 8x8 Admin Wish List

Posted 04-25-2022 07:42

That would definitely be useful. For instance, I have to move a bunch of users from one PBX to another which requires me to delete and rebuild them all. There is no easy way to know if any of these 25 users are members or a ring group or queue without looking through every single ring group or queue.

Eric Nye

ALDI Inc.
    National IT US - Networks

1245 Corporate Blvd.
    Aurora, IL 60505

Tel:  +1 (630) 761-6941
    Fax: +1 (630) 761-2800

SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Aldi accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.