Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  MS Teams calls disconnecting after 10 sec when recording VM greetings

Posted 04-21-2022 08:21

Hi all,
    This was a problem last year where when we dialed 555 from Teams, and then followed prompts to record voicemail greetings, that the system would drop our call after about 10 sec.  If calling from physical phone we had no issues, only Teams. At the time it was explained that there was something particular with the RTP stream between 8x8 and Teams causing it and it was a known issue. Eventually a fix was implemented and the problem went away entirely. I am now 6 months later having some users complain of this again. 

Did anyone have this happen or is currently experiencing this?  I have a case open but they don't seem too familiar with what I am asking and we can no longer contact our implementation tech directly, who was very versed on the issue.

Do any of you Teams users out there also have issues where DTMF tones are not recognized randomly on calls to voicemail or calls to outside Automated Attendant systems?

------------------------------
    Eric Nye

• 2.  RE: MS Teams calls disconnecting after 10 sec when recording VM greetings

Posted 04-22-2022 02:17

Hi Eric,
    We are having the intermittent DTMF issues on Teams only fine in 8x8 Work and handsets we have a case logged but they want packet captures now which from a Teams side won't show a lot.

We had DTMF issue in January and had it logged but the issue went away before we found the cause, but this was also affecting 8x8 devices not just Teams.
    We haven't noticed the Teams voicemail cut out but we mostly use it for ring groups and queues, uses not in those use Teams VM.
    Thanks,
    Ged

Ged Attwood

• 3.  RE: MS Teams calls disconnecting after 10 sec when recording VM greetings

Posted 04-22-2022 11:43

Our organization is also experiencing this right now.  We have only been on 8x8 Teams integration since January, so this is the first time we are experiencing it. I submitted a ticket as well.  We are also experiencing an issue where internal ext. to ext. calls are cut off after only 10 seconds of leaving a voicemail.   External callers seem to be able to leave normal length messages and are not cutoff. 

I have not experienced the DTMF tones not being recognized, but then again, I have not tested this recently.  I hope it is resolved soon it is really impacting our business of supporting students and all faculty and staff.

Pamela Jeter

• 4.  RE: MS Teams calls disconnecting after 10 sec when recording VM greetings

Posted 05-20-2022 13:37
    Hi Pamela, 
    We have an open ticket on this and we have been told that the NOC has identified the issue and that it was previously fixed but that it had regressed in a subsequent release. They are working on an ETA for when the fix can be implemented into production. You may need to request this fix be pushed to your specific tentant/PBX so I would suggest opening a ticket if you haven't already.

Eric Nye

• 5.  RE: MS Teams calls disconnecting after 10 sec when recording VM greetings

Posted 05-24-2022 09:02
    @Eric Nye  When you say NOC, are you referring to 8x8 or our Microsoft Tenant environment? I have a ticket with 8x8, but have not opened one up with Microsoft since our voicemail services come thru 8x8.​

Pamela Jeter

• 6.  RE: MS Teams calls disconnecting after 10 sec when recording VM greetings

Posted 05-24-2022 12:10

Our ticket is through 8x8. Hoping for an update with a ETA for the patch soon.

Eric Nye

ALDI Inc.
    National IT US - Networks

1245 Corporate Blvd.
    Aurora, IL 60505

Tel:  +1 (630) 761-6941
    Fax: +1 (630) 761-2800

SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Aldi accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.