Open Forum

View Only

Ring Group Voicemail Alert on 8x8 Work Apps

Jump to Best Answer
David Goshorn's profile image
David Goshorn posted 11-08-2021 17:40
If a voicemail is left on a ring group, all members who have voicemail enabled receive a notification on their physical desk phones (we use Polycom VVX 250s). They can then go to voicemail on the desk phone and it notifies them "You have [number] message(s) in the group [group extension]" and gives you options for listening.

In both the 8x8 Work for Windows and the 8x8 Work for Android, members do not receive a notification and do not have an option to listen to group voicemails.

Is there a setting or configuration in the 8x8 Work apps that will make these notifications and listening options available? Or is there a setting in the admin console?

This is very important for us because we have traveling nurses who are members in our ring groups that have patients calling that need medical care. If the nurses are busy they need to be notified that there is a voicemail and have easy access to the voicemails. They do not have access to emails while traveling, so that workaround is not an option.

Thank you,
David
Paul Chase's profile image
Level 1 Contributor Paul Chase Best Answer
Team, 

I just confirmed that Ring Group DOES in fact show up in work applications. The only reason I would think that it does not is if 1) there is a communication/firewall restriction blocking that communication (kinda outside chance here) OR the yse has no access to the ring group voice mail in which it would not show up on their phone. 

I would recommend testing on a less restrictive network such as a home without any vpn running or on the Mobile LTE service with no vpn running. after you verify that they do have access to voicemail. There is NO option to say on phone or work only for notifications.

Another option is a different nurse listens to the voicemail and deletes it. the VM for Ring Group is NOT duplicated to all users, it is a "single" message and once one person listens and processes that message the message is processed for ALL members of the group. Does that make sense?

Steve ONeal's profile image
Steve ONeal
hi David,

the use-case you describe makes a lot of sense.  Whereas I don't know where the roadmap is with allowing group VM msgs to appear in the Work App.   There *might* be a feature that could help.   You can contact support and ask them to enable "Group e-mail notification".

With this feature enabled,  any new VM msg left for the ring group would send out an email (with audio attachment) to all the members who normally see the messages on their phones.