Community Member Spotlight

View Only

Community Member Spotlight - Mark Weingarten

• 1.  Community Member Spotlight - Mark Weingarten

Level 3 Contributor
    Posted 05-06-2022 14:17

Let’s connect with Mark Weingarten of Affiliated Physicians. Please leave your comments and questions for Mark below.  If you are interested in being featured in a member spotlight please email customerreference@8x8.com.

Tell us about your organization:

We provide corporate and concierge annual physicals throughout the US.  We employ upwards of 350 employees.  Our headquarters is based in New York, NY.  When COVID-19 hit, we quickly pivoted our business and became an industry leader in testing and vaccinating well over 1,000,000 patients.  We continue to be the go to provider in NYC and in other areas throughout the country.

Describe your role and your team's role.

My role, as the VP of Patient Services, is to ensure we provide unparalleled customer service and that our clients are aware of our offerings and that they take advantage of the benefits provided by their employer.  Being a small company I am also in charge of our phone system and play a major role in working with our outsourced I.T. provider.  On the customer service side, my team's goal is to make sure our doctors are fully utilized and that our patients take advantage of all of the services that we offer.

Tell a story about a time  your team was a hero in helping your company solve a problem or seize an opportunity.  What kind of recognition did your company leadership provide your team with?

I believe most of our organization should be recognized in saving countless lives in helping to vaccinate our community and beyond.

What is one piece of advice you would give to others who are just starting out in IT?

Be a sponge and learn all you can.  Go out of your way to grab problems from others and find solutions.  Join groups of local peers so you can bond and learn from others.

What have you gained and what are you hoping to gain next, by being an 8x8 community member?

I hope to help others and also find others who can help me when I have a one off situation.

If you could invent a feature or technological innovation that would help you deliver better customer experiences, what would it be and why?

A magic wand that I could wave and make everyone happy.

What do you do for fun?

I love music and sports, particularly the NY Yankees.  I enjoy volunteering as an usher at a local theater so I can see many shows for free, make new friends, and give back to the community.

Do you have any areas of technical areas of expertise that you could share with your peers, such as how to solve or overcome specific challenges?

I am an operations guy and problem solver.  I believe any challenge can be overcome and I'd be glad to help others find a resolution to their problems.

What question would you like to ask our community?

I'd like to know any out of the box ways you have customized your customer service operations to make it an elite one.