Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Obi 302 ATA

Posted 11-10-2022 01:31
    Hello,

Has anyone installed ATA's when connecting to Alarms and modems?
    We have an Obi 302 which work fine with normal analogue phones but issues with handshaking for modems and drop out and Alarms that don't answer when connected to the ATA....are the AudioCodes a better solution...again has anyone connected an AudioCodes box to a modem or alarm successfully with no issues? On our old system using other/equivalent boxes we had no issues.

Tank you in advance for any comments/help.

------------------------------
    John Murray

• 2.  RE: Obi 302 ATA

Posted 11-14-2022 07:56
    Unfortunately we never were able to get our Obi ATAs to work for our fax lines. I purposefully did not change our alarm lines because I did not want to risk the unknown with this issue and I am glad I did. Now we only loss fax capability and I have moved less than a handful of people over to the 8x8 e-fax license which works for our needs.  I know this doesn't help much. I tried everything from firmware updates, baud rate changes, monitoring our firewall to see if any traffic ports were blocked etc.  But even after making some of those changes, we did not have success. Everything looked find on the 8x8 side, but no traffic flowed through for us to receive or send a fax.

Pamela Jeter