Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sales Representative & Self Ordering

Posted 12-22-2021 11:50

Hello All, 

I am using 8X8 service for my company for more than a year now and have come across various sales representative as every time I call 8X8 to add new line to our contract the previous sales representative has left the job. I don't get update if anyone else is assigned or not, and gets very frustrating as the sales support does not operate out of office hours nor I can order a new line on my own. 

Not to forget long waiting during office hours couple of transfers here and there, mentioning all the details again and again. 

I desperately request members in this community to answer if in case anyone has come across such issue and what you did to smoothen the process.

Many Thanks,

------------------------------
    Jay Pandya

• 2.  RE: Sales Representative & Self Ordering

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 12-22-2021 19:28
    Hi Jay,

I do understand your frustration as it's not clear who to contact from the 8x8 Support Portal. I've actually found out by accident which sales rep is assigned to my account from this.

As of this post, you can't see who your assigned sales rep is from a desktop browser but it does show this using your mobile device. See the screenshot below for an example.

Once you find out who this is, they should be able to help get additional licenses added. 

It is possible to purchase licenses on your own without going through a sales rep using the my 8x8 Portal (login.8x8.com). 8x8 allows you to do this for license types X2 - X4. It appears anything higher than this requires input from them. 

This video below shows the process of me purchasing a local number for my phone system but also applies to purchasing licenses.

Additional help from 8x8 to make this process easier would be helpful and appreciated. 

Jahmal Abbott

• 3.  RE: Sales Representative & Self Ordering

Posted 12-22-2021 23:52

Hello Jahmal, 

Thank you for your time & for sharing options on how I can buy additional license, I badly wish either of the options could have helped however please find below my 8X8 billing page which does not have shop option and in my phone it does not give detail of my Sales Rep. I am using X2 licensees for our company. Before coming to this forum, I have tried almost everything. Even tried clicking on old docu sign contract in hope that I may get a new one to sign. (I know that is not a right practice, but it's just out of urgency)
    Thank you for your help though, if you have any other way do share.

Jay Pandya

• 4.  RE: Sales Representative & Self Ordering

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 12-23-2021 00:05

Glad to help Jay. From your phone, click on the link "Deployment" which should pull up the information for your sales rep. 

If that doesn't work, then I can send a private message of the rep assigned to my account and perhaps he can help point you in the right direction. 

One additional thought for the missing shop button is to submit a support ticket to see if there's permissions missing from your account. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Jahmal Abbott

• 5.  RE: Sales Representative & Self Ordering

Posted 12-23-2021 00:36
    Hello Mate, 

The first option actually helped, I was able to find the name and email address of the assigned Sales Rep. I am so glad, thank you so much for your help. I hope he/she replies me on time and I be able to get what I need. I shall certainly make an inquiry about the shop option to be added to my account. 

Appreciate your help on this one, hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year Ahead..!! 

Stay Safe, Stay Vaccinated

Regards,

Jay Pandya

• 6.  RE: Sales Representative & Self Ordering

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 12-23-2021 18:50

Great news Jay! I do hope you get this immediate need handled asap as well as buying licenses on your own down the road. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well!

Jahmal Abbott