Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  What headset works for you?

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 10-25-2021 05:41
    Looking for what headsets work best in what environments. Personally, I use the Plantronics (Now Poly) Voyager Focus headset when at home due to the active noise canceling (ANC) technology with stereo audio. I connect using the Plantronics BT 600 USB adapter. My PC does include Bluetooth, but the audio quality suffered with using the built-in BT adapter, thus elected to use the Poly BT 600 to increase the audio quality.  When on the Road I use the Voyager Pro an older model but do not travel that much. 

Over the years I have found that paying up for a quality headset pays dividends, when working support the number of calls I received that were ultimately resolved by upgrading the headset or moving away from built-in Bluetooth adapters was surprising, see Best Practices for more details.  

------------------------------
    Paul Chase
    8x8 Network Engineer (Pre-Sales and Deployment)

• 2.  RE: What headset works for you?

Posted 10-25-2021 17:32

I second the Voyager Focus! Lightweight, versatile, comfy, long-lasting, and also quite portable for travel or just relocating my workspace for the day. The ANC is fantastic, and the microphone pristine. And I love having both IR dongle and Bluetooth options.

In video conferences, I'm actually seeing more and more colleagues with 2 types of setups I've been a little surprised by: straight-up gaming headsets and studio-quality corded headphones and desktop or arm-mounted microphones. That second group typically gets asked if they podcast or do some other kind of multimedia production on the side, but they pretty much never do. They just wanted to invest in having reliable, high quality equipment for our new mostly-remote, on-video reality.

Joel, 8x8 Global Customer Care
    (he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 3.  RE: What headset works for you?

Posted 10-26-2021 02:10
    Plantronics Savi 740.  Lightweight and super range.   Because it's DECT, I can walk all over the house while I'm on a call.  I can even walk out to check the mailbox.    It has dual batteries which allow me to switch to a refreshed battery even in mid-call.

Steve O'Neal
    Sr. Deployment Engineer
    8x8 Center of Excellence
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5ZlPF5hYa-scDJp7nyzlQ