Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Do you understand your 8x8 invoices?

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 07-06-2022 13:20
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

Does anyone understand 8x8 invoices?  Are you happy with the level of content and accuracy?

Here is what I'm experiencing:
    • Multiple invoices in a month.  They are supposed to be "consolidated".  I'm from the telecom world 1980s - 2000s.  They don't look "consolidated" to me.  If truly "consolidated" I would expect a single invoice per month, showing current period charges and any retroactive/partial charges for all services and usage packages.
    • Invoice contains no reference to orders.  Cannot reconcile to order history.
    • Invoice cannot be reconciled with my current license inventory shown in Admin Console/Home/Licenses.
    • Unable to access order details from the Admin Console/Home/Licenses.
    • Unable to reconcile Days Billed, Quantity, Unit Price, Total e.g. Quantity x Unit Price does not equal Total.  Is there a new math?
    • Unable to enter Cost Center Name and ID in BillingStatementsPage (My 8x8/Billing).  Raised issue but no response/resolution.
    • Unable to get useful help/resolution from support.  Tier one support seems only able to follow "scripts" and unable to think or respond outside limited parameters.  They seem unable to respond to simple, clear inquiries and requests.  And when support calls me, most times I can't understand them.  Clearly, they are located in offshore centers where English is a 2nd language.  My business is US based and I'm in the US.
    • Unable to escalate to tier two support.  No response.
    • Little help from account representative.
    • So far, I believe 8x8 is under billing.  I don't want to face a huge "true-up".  But at this point, I'm happy to pay less out-of-pocket.  If and when there is a "true-up", I expect auditing, reconciling, and negotiating will be extremely tedious and difficult.
    • Seems like nobody is "home" at 8x8 when it comes to invoice issues.
    • Platform/Services overall works well when working.  So far, little downtime.  But so-called "support" is horrible.  Does anyone know other similar vendors with the same issues?  Or vendors that are better overall in terms of BOTH service delivery/performance and support delivery/effectiveness?
    Please chime-in if you are experiencing the same.  Perhaps I'm too old-fashioned and expect too much from "support" organizations these days.  Or perhaps if enough of us "complain", 8x8 might take notice and improve the situation.  Or you all will prove me nutz which means it's time to retire.

• 2.  RE: Do you understand your 8x8 invoices?

Posted 07-07-2022 15:29

Wow!  That's some awesome feedback!

Thank you for taking the time to put this together.  I know you're listed as anonymous but if you create a case and list my name in the subject - I'll be happy to research more for you.

Depending on when you ordered, you may have different access to different processes.  So if you made two orders, you may receive two monthly invoices.  You may not have access for the use of cost centers, so if consolidation and cost centers are what you need, that's definitely a conversation we can have.  

In regards to our support team, since we service the entire world, we use support teams across the world as well.  If you had a negative experience or had difficulty understanding someone or were unable to escalate to higher team, that's valuable feedback to have.  If you recall the agent(s) that you worked with, I can relay that back to their leadership to improve their performance.  We want support to make things easier for our customers, not more difficult. 

We are also working on making sure that our admin console matches what we bill.  Those should match when we bill, and if not, we should be able to explain why.  And if we can't, we need to fix the issue.

Thank you for your comments, and if you want me to check into your issues further, please create a case and use my name in the subject.

Rob Van Brunt

8x8 Billing Support Manager

------------------------------
    Robert Van Brunt
    ------------------------------