Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

• 1.  Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-07-2021 22:17

It's great to have you in our Community! Post below to introduce yourself and learn about your peers here. It'd be great to know:

• Where you're from
    • What you do
    • How long you've been using 8x8
    • A favorite hobby or interest

I'll get us going :)

From: Los Angeles originally, Minnesota now (with long stops in Oita, Japan, and San Jose, CA)

What I do: Sr. Manager of Digital Support at 8x8, where I've worked for just about 8 years now.

How long I've been using 8x8: All of my tenure here. The evolution has been nothing short of amazing and inspiring, and I'm so happy to have been part of growing our engagement with our customers and forging new channels to solutions while I've been around.

Hobby/Interest: I've always been a casual L.A. Dodgers "fan," but during the onset of the pandemic I somehow found myself really becoming interested in actually watching and following baseball for the first time in my life. After what felt like a long sports layoff, Dodgers intrasquad games on Facebook Live were among the first bit of "broadcast" sports to come back in 2020, whetting my appetite for what would end up being a great championship run, and now I find myself glued to evening games several nights a week. Being in Minnesota now, I never have to suffer a local blackout and most games start right around my daughter's bedtime, so it's become a great, reliable way for me to unwind -- well, depending on how the game goes, haha.

------------------------------
    Joel, 8x8 Global Customer Care
    (he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 2.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-09-2021 08:04
    Hi Joel!

We've met virtually a time or two, but not yet in real life!  I've been in Minnesota a time or two, my phone company job led me there!  For the other folks on the community site (238 so far today!):

I'm Andressa, which is a made-up name; it sounds like Andreesa, see what my family did there, it's like Andrea/Theresa radically combined! :) 

What I do: I am a CCaaS product marketing manager at 8x8 and I love all things WFO/WEM 

How long I've been using 8x8:  Since I started at 8x8 , which is October of 2020

A favorite hobby or interest: I've lived in Colorado for the past 20 years and I love hiking and camping with my amazing dog, Apollo.
    This is Apollo 

Andressa, 8x8 Product Marketing
    (she/her)
    Northern Colorado 

• 3.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-09-2021 08:30
    Hi Joel!

I'm so excited to see this community launch.

From: Maryland and now I'm living (close-by) in Virginia right outside of Washington, DC. 
    What I do: I'm a Consultant at Higher Logic.
    How long I've been using 8x8: I've been using 8x8 for over 2 years now. 
    Hobby/Interest: I'm a huge sports fan and love supporting the USC Trojans, Minnesota Vikings, Washington Nationals, LA Clippers, and Ferrari (in Formula One).

Kristin Bednarek

• 4.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-18-2021 10:02
    Hey @Kristin Bednarek, have you been following Formula 1?  I'm an avid watcher of MotoGP and I find that F1 closely aligns to MotoGP in terms of raceways. :D

Mattics Phi

• 5.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-19-2021 05:58
    @Mattics Phi Yes! MotoGP does go to many of the same tracks. I will also watch MotoGP sometimes if it's on TV. I'm just excited for F1 to come back from summer break so we can get racing again! ​

Kristin Bednarek

• 6.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-23-2021 10:55
    Ah nice @Kristin Bednarek!  Wait, where do you watch it?  On ESPN?  Don't tell me you also wake up at inhuman hours to watch F1 :D  hahaha.  My friend would watch F1 on ESPN and I would stream MotoGP online (don't know where I can watch MotoGp in the US) and we would discuss the races!

Do you also drive spiritedly in the backroads as well?  At 8x8, we have a driving club where a bunch of us will wake up around 5 am and then start driving in the woods/twisties.  What car do you have?

Mattics Phi

• 7.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Level 3 Contributor
    Posted 08-09-2021 10:52
    Greetings Joel.

I am ecstatic that the 8x8 Customer Community has launched and thank you for opening the dialogue here.  

Where you're from -  Life long Californian, born and raised in San Francisco.  

What you do - Director of Digital Support at 8x8, so I think we kind of know each other, but never bad to have a second introduction.

How long you've been using 8x8 - I have been an 8x8 users for nearly 2 years now which coincidently matches my tenure.  It has been an interesting and exciting journey

A favorite hobby or interest - I have been a avid Marvel comic book fan for years, dating back to reading in the school hallways at lunch and as a someone who loves movies also, the MCU was like childhood dreams brought to life on screen.  Aside from that, an avid skier with no time for it and someone who loves camping, but can't yet brings the kids.  I also love long extensive debates with my kids about which is the better pony, Twilight Sparkle or Rainbow Dash.

Kenneth Law
    Director, Digital Support
    8x8 Inc.

• 8.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-09-2021 14:38
    Hello!

Great to meet everyone! 

My name is Aye (pronounced like the letter A).

A few things about me:
    • What you do: Knowledge Program Manager at 8x8
    • How long I have been using 8x8: Since day 1 of joining 8x8 back in February 2019.
    • A favorite hobby or interest: I am an avid fan of scoping out new restaurants and cocktail bars to try out with friends. During the WFH era, I got into building small gaming computers and custom keyboards.

Aye Myat

• 9.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

AMA Expert
    Posted 08-10-2021 06:14
    Hi Joel!

So glad to be here!

A few things about me:
    • From: Proud Texan through and through, currently residing in Dallas
    • What you do: Shine the light on 8x8's incredible customers through the 8x8 Reference Program
    • How long I have been using 8x8: Since day 1 of joining 8x8 in June 2021
    • A favorite hobby or interest: Amigurumi enthusiast & daily walker.  You'll often find me marching through my neighborhood to Sousa tunes as 120 beats per minute is considered ideal for a brisk walk.

I'm so excited to meet 8x8's amazing customers through our new user community!

Nancy Zimmermann

• 10.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-10-2021 12:43
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to Legacy Health LLC in which I am the QA Coordinator and will be using 8X8 to stay in connection with various of payors and staff. 
    I am in Harvest, AL and look forward to learning about this company to better assist with my position.

Kimberly Buckaloo
    QA Cooridator
    [Legacy Health]
    [Dallas, TX ]
    [469-575-3518]

• 11.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-10-2021 12:49
    Awesome to have you here @Kimberly Buckaloo, thanks for posting!​

(he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 12.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-11-2021 14:13

From: Louisville, KY originally, but live in Dallas now, after stops in Tampa, Orlando, and Jackson, MS.

What I do: VP, Sales Operations for Waterlogic

How long I've been using 8x8: We became 8x8 customers in December 2020.

Hobby/Interest: My greatest interest is Leadership.  Because leadership is all about people, I love learning, teaching, leading and mentoring others.  Additionally, I have spent 25 years in ministry helping others deal with the ups and downs of life.

Rob Thomas

• 13.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-11-2021 14:23
    Great to have you with us @Rob Thomas! Looking forward to your leadership insights in discussions.​

(he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 14.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-11-2021 14:59
    Excited to be a part of the community! 

From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX. Originally a native of the Midwest (Illinois and Wisconsin)

What I do: Customer Care Supervisor at Waterlogic USA

How long I've been using 8x8: We started with 8x8 in the end of 2020 or beginning of 2021.

Hobby/Interest: I am a health and fitness enthusiast, movie buff, part time Voice Actor, Twitch/Youtube personality, and competitive miniatures boardgamer/painter.

Patrick Colby

• 15.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-11-2021 15:58
    Welcome @Patrick Colby, we're excited to have you (and your many interesting ​pastimes) with us!

(he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 16.  RE: Getting to Know You -- If you're new here, this is a great place to start!

Posted 08-18-2021 10:05
    Here's my breakdown

• Where you're from
      • San Jose, CA
    • What you do
      • Software Engineer in Test @ 8x8
    • How long you've been using 8x8
      • My first job out of college back in 2013.  So a little over 7 years now :)  I love the people and the company, most important the people.  People are what makes the company, am I right?
    • A favorite hobby or interest
      • Oh my, so many.  To name a few: biking, motorsports, hiking.  I'm an adrenaline junkie. Also a big gearhead.  I love working on motorcycles, cars, bicycles; you name it. 
    ​​​

Mattics Phi