Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Abandoned Calls hurting Answer Percentage

Posted 01-07-2022 08:21
    Hi everyone,

One of our biggest issues with the 8x8 system so far is how it reports some calls.

For example a customer dials into our incoming call queues.  They sit on hold until an agent is available.  Once they agent is available the call then starts ringing for the customer and the agent has 15 seconds to answer the call.

If the customer hangs up (abandons) the call it looks like a missed call for the agent because they did not accept it in time.  Now this is fine but the majority of the time the customer hangs up before the agent has time to answer the call (within 1-2 seconds of offering the call to the agent)

My question is what are some ways we can prevent this from happening or what can we do from a reporting aspect to show the agents true answer percentage because we do not think it is fair to the agent if they had 1 second to answer the call but the customer hung up and now it hurts their answer % because the call is abandoned.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

------------------------------
    Drew Vance

• 2.  RE: Abandoned Calls hurting Answer Percentage

Posted 01-08-2022 08:48
    Good Morning,  I generate an abandon report and review/adjust my abandons based on the information for abandons under 10%.  The report itself will provide you with an abandon percentage that removes the short abandons (under 5%).  This is a relatively easy process for me because we have a relatively small Call Center.

Lise Murphy

• 3.  RE: Abandoned Calls hurting Answer Percentage

Posted 01-14-2022 05:15
    Thanks Lisa!  I started utilizing the abandoned report and it is great to see the Short abandoned vs the regular ones.

Drew Vance