Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Transfer to Queue - Add Script ?

Posted 05-06-2022 12:28
    Hello everyone,

We want to start utilizing the following.

1) Transfer an inbound queue to a sales queue
    2) While a customer is waiting for a sales agent (listening to hold music) we want it to play a recording after a time duration thanking the customer for holding and then eventually route it to the VM if it takes too long

Scripts are attached to channels.  These queues don't take inbound calls from external numbers, they only receive calls that were transferred to their queue so I can't attach a script to the queue.

I understand how to add the recording to the VM invite but need help with the message thanking them for holding. 
    The workflow I'm following is from 8x8s own website.  How to Transfer a Call to Another Queue in 8x8 Contact Center
    8x8 Support remove preview
    How to Transfer a Call to Another Queue in 8x8 Contact Center
    How to transfer a call to another queue in 8x8 Contact Center. 8x8 Agent Console Call Transfer 8x8 Contact Center allows agents to transfer an active call to another phone queue. Before transferring an active call to another queue, the agent handling the call should check the status of the destination queue and then transfer.
    View this on 8x8 Support >

Is it possible to add a message while the caller is waiting?

------------------------------
    Drew Vance

• 2.  RE: Transfer to Queue - Add Script ?

Posted 05-10-2022 08:51
      |   view attached
    You could set the queue to transfer to a channel, which would then allow you to attach a script... it's kind of a roundabout method, but it actually works pretty well for us.

We use a repeating loop to accomplish this, where the queue timeout setting in the "Forward to Queue" object determines the number of loops before forcing the caller to the VM queue - see attached!

Mark Montague

• 3.  RE: Transfer to Queue - Add Script ?

Posted 05-16-2022 09:58
    This sounds like exactly what I need to design.  So you check the box to transfer incoming calls and then you just type out the number of the channel in the white box.

Going to test this out now.  Thanks a lot Mark!

Drew Vance

• 4.  RE: Transfer to Queue - Add Script ?

Posted 05-16-2022 10:18
    Just tested this out and when we transfer to the queue it is just dead air now on the caller's side.  I must be missing something 

Drew Vance

• 5.  RE: Transfer to Queue - Add Script ?

Posted 05-16-2022 10:38
    I have a feeling the dead air is because we have the Queue transfer to the channel which is set to forward to the same queue which then transfers to the channel.  looping itself.  Are there 2 different inbound queues?

Am I overcomplicating it?

Drew Vance