Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  SIP address

Posted 09-10-2021 05:54
    Has anyone figured out what the SIP address for you phone number is?  I've done a ton of searching online but can't seem to find an answer.   I was thinking it should be something like 3215551212@packet8.net. (or something like that).

------------------------------
    network outsource

• 2.  RE: SIP address

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 09-13-2021 04:41
    Team, 

Unlike several competitors, 8x8 does not allow registering in that method, aka phone number @ domain. If you wish to register a device such as a softphone or a physical device, please reach out to 8x8 Support, which can provide the proper credentials to register your device. On a side note, 8x8 does not support URL dialing (with the exception of the meeting product).​

Paul Chase

• 3.  RE: SIP address

Posted 09-13-2021 05:26
    ah ok.  Thanks Paul. 

I was just trying to find a SIP address I could give to others to be able to contact my main line via pure SIP.

Sounds like now I can stop my quest to discover the public-facing URI - because there isn't one!  :-D

As for adding a custom piece of hardware, it's not that important.  

Thank you so much.  :-)

network outsource

• 4.  RE: SIP address

Posted 09-14-2021 06:52
    Network - that's actually a common question from customers.  I'm not a security pro, but I believe the fact that we don't have external SIP URIs is related to the security of the 8x8 infrastructure.

Great question though!

Steve O'Neal
    Sr. Deployment Engineer
    8x8 Center of Excellence