Community Member Spotlight

View Only

Community Member Spotlight - Amye Roberson

• 1.  Community Member Spotlight - Amye Roberson

Level 3 Contributor
    Posted 02-03-2022 12:16

Let’s connect with Amye Roberson of Cingo. Please leave your comments and questions for Amye below, and if you are interested in being featured in a member spotlight please email customerreference@8x8.com.

Watch Amye describe her 8x8 journey in this short video

Tell us about your organization:
    Cingo provides home safety, security, and pest protection technology and services to residences in the Southeastern US. With Cingo's total home protection offering, residents enjoy peace of mind and the convenience of one provider that gives them everything they need to protect their families and property.

Describe your role and your team's role.

I am the director of customer experience.  I have a team of 10 reporting to me, and our mission is to delight our customers.  If anything isn't going as it should, we are the voice our customers hear to make things right again.

Tell a story about a time your team was a hero in helping your company solve a problem or seize an opportunity.  

From time to time, we receive calls from customers who've found snakes in their homes.  That's a scary situation.  Our agents immediately reroute technicians to help these families, and by providing that immediate assistance, it's a win-win for all involved.  The family is happy, and our agents and technicians are happy because we've made someone's day.  Those families will never forget it was Cingo who saved the day!

What is your management philosophy?

I will never ask someone to do something I wouldn't do. 

What is one piece of advice you would give to others who are just starting out in IT?

Always be willing to learn because everything changes!

You've been with Cingo for over a decade.  What technological changes have you observed and what changes do you anticipate next?

It's interesting how technology has evolved.  When I began my career with Cingo, we relied solely on phone communications.  Now, phone communications is one of our least frequently used channels! Customers text us and use the website chat. These are channels we didn't have 10 years ago.  I predict  that, going forward, we will be using video chat so that customers can show us their homes as we provide service quotes.

What's your favorite 8x8 feature?

Definitely the website chat.  We had talked about launching website chat prior to 8x8 and couldn't get it off the ground.  Once we launched 8x8, we immediately set it up, and without advertising or promoting it in any way, we started getting customer inquiries.  Now, we average about 100 pop ups a day.

What have you gained and what are you hoping to gain next, by being an 8x8 community member?

I've been a member of the 8x8 user community almost from day one, and I find it very useful.  Dealing with people who use the platform is sometimes the best way to figure things out.  A member recently reached out to me, and we scheduled a time to brainstorm some things later this month.  That was unexpected, and I'm looking forward to our conversation.

What do you do for fun?

I decorate cookies and operate a small business on the side. It started out when my daughter wanted some cookies for my grandson's first birthday, and it has become a hobby of passion.  I love it!