Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Posted 09-20-2021 11:29
    No replies, thread closed.

Hi, 8x8 Users!

We're getting excited for our next AMA! Come back here on Wednesday, October 12, 2021, from 8am – 9am PT to chat with 8x8's @Nancy Zimmermann and @Dean Lindsay about the 8x8 Reference Program, and learn how you can elevate your company's brand and expand your professional network with us!

On the date and time noted above, simply sign in, come back to this thread, post any questions you have below, and follow along with the discussion. (There is no dial-in information or webinar link.)

If you can't make it, click here to send us any questions you have on this topic ahead of time.

Mark your calendars now, we look forward to getting back together on October 12!

#AskMeAnything​​

------------------------------
    Joel, 8x8 Global Customer Care
    (he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 2.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-06-2021 10:50
    Dean and I are looking forward to joining you to discuss the 8x8 reference program!   We welcome any and all opportunities to explore creative and exciting ways to shine the light on your company and your 8x8 journey.

We recently had a chance to interview our friends at Sparkhound entirely over 8x8 Work.  Check it out and let us know if you'd like to be our next 8x8 Reference Star!

Sparkhound and 8x8

Nancy Zimmermann

• 3.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-06-2021 15:06
    Nancy and I are looking forward to our discussion with you Tuesday, October 12 from 8 am - 9 am PT about the 8x8 Customer Reference Program! We look forward to discussing with you how becoming an advocate can further enhance your organization, brand and your story out there to new audiences and publications.

Please feel free to leave any questions you may have here and we look forward to welcoming you to the session.

Dean Lindsay
    8x8 Customer marketing manager

• 4.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Posted 10-12-2021 08:03
    Hello and welcome back to another 8x8 AMA sessions. @Dean Lindsay and @Nancy Zimmermann are ready to answer all your questions about the 8x8 Reference Program, so let's get going!​​

(he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 5.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Posted 10-12-2021 08:06
    Hi @Dean Lindsay and @Nancy Zimmermann. This is a topic I've been really excited about, so thanks! As part of the 8x8 Referral program, ​what kinds of activities can I participate in?​

Eileen Quinn

• 6.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-12-2021 08:07
    We offer a variety of activities, from reference conversations to customer stories and press releases to video testimonials via 8x8 video or on-site, surveys and event speaking at internal and external events.  Pick and choose what interests you most!

Dean Lindsay
    Customer Marketing Manager
    8x8
    United Kingdom, London
    +44203 808 0442

• 7.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 10-12-2021 08:10

This is super interesting, but I'm worried about making a big commitment. How much is involved in participating?

• 8.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-12-2021 08:11

We will happily work around your schedule.  Reference conversations typically last 30 minutes-1 hour as do our case study and video testimonial interviews.  You can be as involved as  your schedule permits!

Nancy Zimmermann
    Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing
    8x8
    Let's connect!
    nancy.zimmermann@8x8.com

• 9.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Posted 10-12-2021 08:16
    Hi, guys! So, if we get involved, are there benefits for my business?

Veronique Nguyen

• 10.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-12-2021 08:18
    8x8 customer references gain exposure to our expansive database of customers, prospects, and social media followers - that's potentially thousands of new prospects and customers for your business!  In addition, companies can receive training credits toward future 8x8 training every quarter in which they actively participate in the program. We may also surprise you with gifts in your inbox or at your business address, so keep an eye out! And by regularly participating in the reference program, you'll automatically be considered for BETA testing for new features and functionality.

Dean Lindsay
    8x8
    United Kingdom, London
    +44203 808 0442

• 11.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Posted 10-12-2021 08:19
    Oh, and actually, are there personal perks for me as a participant?

Veronique Nguyen

• 12.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-12-2021 08:22
    Yes!  As you participate in the program, you'll earn 8x8 swag.  And, on a larger scale, know that many of our members have leveraged the program to grow their professional networks and advance their careers.  A professionally written case study detailing your 8x8 return on investment can come in handy during an annual review!

Nancy Zimmermann
    8x8
    Let's connect!
    nancy.zimmermann@8x8.com

• 13.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Posted 10-12-2021 08:25
    Great questions and answers so far, all! Here's another really good one we got via email:
    I like the idea of participating in a video testimonial, but with COVID restrictions, we could not allow a video crew on site. Is there still a way to participate?

(he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 14.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-12-2021 08:26
    Absolutely!  We'll ship a ring light to your office and walk you through set-up to record a video testimonial over 8x8 Work.  The set-up and interview process takes about an hour.  Here is an example of a video customer story we recently recorded with our friends at Sporting Smiles: https://www.8x8.com/resources/case-studies/sporting-smiles

Dean Lindsay
    8x8
    United Kingdom, London
    +44203 808 0442

• 15.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Posted 10-12-2021 08:37
    Hi and thanks so much for the chance to learn more, @Dean Lindsay and @Nancy Zimmermann! So I read in your brochure that reviews are part of the program.  How detailed are the surveys, and would my comments from that be published? Are there any incentives to take the surveys? ​​

Kristin Bednarek

• 16.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-12-2021 08:41
    Hi @Kristin!  8x8 partners with several outlets to collect third-party validation. The surveys take between 5-15 minutes to complete.  Some will publish your name, while others are anonymized. Some sites, like Gartner, provide gift cards for completed and validated responses.  (To take the Gartner survey and earn a $25 gift card, follow the respective CCaaS and UCaaS links.  And yes, if you have both CCaaS and UCaaS - you can take both surveys and earn $50!)  It's a quick way to pocket some extra cash while sharing your stellar review 8x8!​​

Nancy Zimmermann
    8x8
    Let's connect!
    nancy.zimmermann@8x8.com

• 17.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Posted 10-12-2021 08:44
    Hi there! Sorry if I missed this, but is there a sign up link or page to get started? This sounds like something we'd like to participate in.

Meghan Richardson Customer Success Manager

• 18.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-12-2021 08:46
    Please email customerreference@8x8.com.  A member of our customer marketing team will reach out and set up a short call with you to get the ball rolling Meghan!

Dean Lindsay
    8x8
    United Kingdom, London
    +44203 808 0442

• 19.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Posted 10-12-2021 08:48
    Oh, that's easy :)  Thanks!

Meghan Richardson Customer Success Manager

• 20.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Posted 10-12-2021 08:50

Hello. We've actually done testimonials for 8x8 in the past, but before this program was a thing. Would we be able to join this program and do something new?

• 21.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-12-2021 08:57
    Absolutely!  We'd love to refresh your story and shine the light on the new ways you're using 8x8 to drive your CX and EX goals.

Nancy Zimmermann
    8x8
    Let's connect!
    nancy.zimmermann@8x8.com

• 22.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Posted 10-12-2021 09:01

This has been so helpful! One more question for @Nancy Zimmermann and @Dean Lindsay  I've heard asked a few times now leading up this AMA​​:

Is this different from the 8x8 Referral program? I'm signed up for that as an individual.

(he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 23.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-12-2021 09:02

Yes it is! The 8x8 Referral program is actually meant for individuals who refer new potential business to 8x8, and is not limited to current 8x8 customers. In that program, you can sign up to receive a referral link and code, and earn benefits for introducing new customers to 8x8. Click here to learn more and contact referral@8x8.com if you have any questions.

In contrast, the 8x8 Reference program is an opportunity for current 8x8 customers to talk about how their business benefits from using 8x8 today. It also comes with benefits and rewards for participation, along with the promotion of your business and you can contact customerreference@8x8.com

Dean Lindsay
    8x8
    United Kingdom, London
    +44203 808 0442

• 24.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-12-2021 09:06
    Thanks a lot for joining us today with some great questions! I look forward to hearing from you and hope you'd like to join the reference program! Feel free to reach out to me via the community with any questions you may have directly at dean.lindsay@8x8.com.

Speak to you soon!

Dean Lindsay
    8x8
    United Kingdom, London
    +44203 808 0442

• 25.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

AMA Expert
    Posted 10-12-2021 09:06
    Thank you everyone for the great questions! It was great connecting with you today, and I look forward to seeing any additional questions in the community about the 8x8 Reference Program.  Happy Fall Y'all!

Nancy Zimmermann
    8x8
    Let's connect!
    nancy.zimmermann@8x8.com

• 26.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Dean Lindsay and Nancy Zimmermann: 8x8 Reference Program

Posted 10-12-2021 09:14

Thank YOU, @Nancy Zimmermann and @Dean Lindsay, for another great session. We can't wait to work with more of our customers through this program, so thanks for helping introduce this opportunity.

And thanks to all our participants for your great questions!

If you'd like to learn more​​ about the 8x8 Reference Program, check out the links below:

We'll be closing this thread, but if you have more questions, please start a new discussion in the Open Forum. And stay tuned for our next session!

(he/him/his)
    Minneapolis