Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  using one phone number for multiple users

Posted 09-23-2021 14:01
    Hello, Im new here. Ive been trying to get support on the phone for about 7 hours now with no luck. Is it possible to set up multiple users under one phone number and use extensions? Its just myself and one other person. When I add him as an user, it does not give me the phone number I registered for. I have selected the "company" option and it still does not give me the option for the same number.

------------------------------
    Kristen Valade

• 2.  RE: using one phone number for multiple users
    Best Answer

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 09-24-2021 05:26
    Team, 

It sounds like you would like to have a single phone number ring multiple people, and when they make a phone call out they show the same single phone number. this is accomplished with a "ring Group" see: https://support.8x8.com/cloud-phone-service/voice/admin-console/work-group-settings/ring-groups/how-to-set-up-ring-groups-in-8x8-admin-console for details on what a ring group is and how to configure one.

Each user will need a "unique" phone number assigned to them.

Hope this helps.

Paul Chase

• 3.  RE: using one phone number for multiple users

Level 1 Contributor
    Posted 09-24-2021 22:24

Hi Kristen,

I agree with @Paul Chase that ​setting up a Ring Group will be your best bet. Once the group is setup, you'll designate a specific phone number which will ring to it. 

Then you'll determine whether all members of your Ring Group will ring simultaneously when calls are presented, one person at a time, etc. 

What I like about this setup the ability to share a single voicemail account for the group. 

That way you and your colleague don't have to worry about maintaining messages between individual accounts. 

Please share if this helps with your issue. Thanks!

Jahmal Abbott