Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 11-16-2021 13:50
    No replies, thread closed.

Come ready to get real in our next highly anticipated Ask Me Anything session with 8x8 VP of Technical Support and Services @Nir Galpaz! Nir will join us right here in this thread on December 15, 2021, 8-9 8:30-9:30 a.m. PT, ​to take all of your questions on the 8x8 Support experience. He's ready to hear about your challenges and concerns, celebrate your successes, respond to your feedback, and share exciting insights on what we are doing to transform how we support our customers.

On the date and time noted above, simply sign in, come back to this thread, post any questions you have below, and follow along with the discussion. (There is no dial-in information or webinar link.)

Can't make it? Click here to send us any questions you have on this topic ahead of time.

#AskMeAnything

------------------------------
    Joel, 8x8 Global Customer Care
    (he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 2.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

AMA Expert
    Posted 12-14-2021 09:22

Hi, everyone! I'm really looking forward to hearing from you all on Wednesday and expecting some great dialog. Unfortunately, due to some circumstances, I'll need to get started 30 minutes later than planned. Please join me here in this thread starting at 8:30 am PT (4:30 pm BST), and I'll make sure we get to everyone's submissions.

I know that we are working hard in 8x8 Support to meet your needs, but I also know there are some big challenges to overcome. With your voice and your input, we'll extend our efforts to ensure you get the best customer experience we can possibly provide. I can't wait to hear from you -- and some of you have already pre-submitted some great questions! If you can't make it live during the session, we are still accepting your questions for me here.

See you soon!

Nir Galpaz
    8x8 Vice President, Technical Services & Support

• 3.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 08:36
    Hi, everyone! Nir is with us and the thread is live and ready for your questions! Let's get going...

(he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 4.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 12-15-2021 08:36

Why does technical support have so much trouble upgrading phone firmware?

• 5.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

AMA Expert
    Posted 12-15-2021 08:42
    Thank you for the questions, if I try to break down the questions I would assume it is related to the technical competence of the team, over the last few months we are undergoing a major transformation and we are consistently adding stronger engineers to the group, in addition, all team members are going through intensive technical training refresher and we expected to have the entire team recertified by 12/31

Nir Galpaz

• 6.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 08:44

Customer Michelle Rodriguez writes:

My recent experience: It was difficult to navigate through website to contact Customer Service, Impossible to reach a live person on the phone for support and no one ever called me for a follow-up as promised! This is unacceptable. The Customer Service needs to be improved. What will you do to improve these services for your customers??

(he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 7.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

AMA Expert
    Posted 12-15-2021 08:45
    Over the last 6 months the 8x8 GCC Global Customer Care organization has been going through a massive transformation focused on creating a best in class customer-focused organization. As part of these transformations, we are retiring many resources that no longer fit our goals and objectives while we're hiring new resources. This massive resource uplift is causing the unwanted delay in response. We believe that we will be in a favorable position in early 2022.

Nir Galpaz

• 8.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 08:47
    When an entire site is down, what is the best way to escalate without waiting for callback/testing?

Rudy Olgin

• 9.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

AMA Expert
    Posted 12-15-2021 08:51
    Thank you Rudy, 
    This is a good question, for a site down situation I would recommend starting with checking the 8x8 Status page at: https://status.8x8.com/
    If there isn't a global service interruption, I would recommend calling in a holding-on without asking for a callback.
    As I mentioned in a previous post, we expect the hold time to drastically improve in the next few weeks.

Once a case is created the case can be escalated via the escalation function in the case object.

Nir Galpaz

• 10.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 08:54
    Why are priorities given or requested when logging request-for-service - as 8x8 manage platform outages, so that is P0 dealt with and then everything else should be handled the same

Tony Forder

• 11.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

AMA Expert
    Posted 12-15-2021 08:58
    Tony, 
    Thank you for your question.
    In a nutshell, I would tend to agree with you and ideally would like our team to eventually evolve to a place where we can handle any issues in one of the following manners :
    1. Critical 
    2. Noncritical 
    Nevertheless, such a major shift requires many underlying changes and steps to improve the overall support quality and efficiency.

This is a roadmap item in our 3 years support transformation plan.

Nir Galpaz

• 12.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 09:01
    Are there any plans to enable delegation of control for administration in the 8x8 voice platform.

Martin Oswald

• 13.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

AMA Expert
    Posted 12-15-2021 09:08
    Joel Sandi I think you are referring to allowing others to act as an admin with account control/representation privileges. This is something already available via X series roles and permissions, though some major things (such as account cancellation) require approval of the primary admin. We have a guide on assigning roles in Admin Console here: https://support.8x8.com/cloud-phone-service/voice/admin-console/setup/company-settings/assign-roles-to-a-user

Nir Galpaz

• 14.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 09:11

These are great, Nir and everyone, thank you!

Customer Edward Annatone sent in:

Why can I not reach support in a timely manner. Calling, Chat, or opening a ticket. Can take weeks to get a response sometimes.

(he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 15.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

AMA Expert
    Posted 12-15-2021 09:13
    Hi Edward, 
    Thank you for your question and legitimate concerns .
    Over the last 6 months the 8x8 GCC Global Customer Care organization has been going through a massive transformation focused on creating a best in class customer-focused organization. As part of these transformations, we are retiring many resources that no longer fit our goals and objectives while we're hiring new resources. This massive resource uplift is causing the unwanted delay in response. We believe that we will be in a favorable position in early 2022.

Nir Galpaz

• 16.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 09:15
    The question I have is how do we track feature request and upcoming system enhancements? We recently moved to 8x8 Contact Center and although the system is OK, we do miss some of the features from our previous system. We have submitted a few feature request that would really help our CC agents. The main request is agent access to the original calling party caller ID information for all calls. Currently when a call is transferred between queues the receiving agent does not have access to the calling information.

Ralston Reid

• 17.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

AMA Expert
    Posted 12-15-2021 09:19
    Dear Ralston, 
    This is a great point and well acknowledged.
    We are evaluating different systems and tools to make the process a bit easier and more transparent.
    We do not have a current ETA for this change.

Nir Galpaz

• 18.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 09:25

One of our biggest problems is callers calling and hanging up before the agent has time to answer the call. What do you think is best practice to prevent missing these calls because we are not sure Auto-Answer is what everyone wants. Thank you!

• 19.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 09:30
    Thank you for your question. Below are some of the practices you can evaluate:

1. You
    can implement overflow mechanism (timer based) which will allow calls to be answered quicker than getting abandoned in the queue.
    2. Disabling
    auto-answer option and enable push notification of the active call which allows agents to answer the call when they are ready. We can also combine both 1 and 2 together for better efficiency. 

Dipen Shah
    8x8 Sr Director, Technical Services & Support

Dipen Shah

• 20.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 09:29

When I started with you, 8x8 used to advertise 100% US-based customer service. Now I can't understand anyone I talk to on the phone.

• 21.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

AMA Expert
    Posted 12-15-2021 09:30

8x8 takes pride in being an international company, and as such, we have support resources in multiple different geographies, including US,U.K , India, Costa Rica, the Philippines, Australia, and more. We strive to provide the best customer experience to our customers regardless of the time of the day or location. If you face any challenges with an engineer, you can always escalate the case and ask for a different resource.

We are monitoring the quality of our engineers regularly and analyzing 100% of our written communications.

Nir Galpaz

• 22.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 09:32

I never know who's working on my case and helping me. I see different names of people responding from 8x8 – are these escalations? And it still takes forever, so I don't know if these people know what's happening either.

• 23.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

AMA Expert
    Posted 12-15-2021 09:48
    As part of our transformation, we are focused on First Day Resolution (FDR). This process should increase customer satisfaction and minimize case transfers between engineers.

Nir Galpaz

• 24.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 09:33

I know a lot of people are going to complain, but I have had one or two times where my support agent really did a great job for me. How can I make sure they get recognized? What do you do to celebrate and encourage great performance on your team?

• 25.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

AMA Expert
    Posted 12-15-2021 09:35

As part of transforming 8x8 Global Customer Care into a best-in-class customer-focused organization, we've actually re-introduced our internal Rewards and Recognition Program with the "Customer-First" principle as our primary focus. Every month, we reward our top-performing support agents based on multiple customer issues handling factors. That includes their customer satisfaction scores and their ability to positively resolve cases without escalation. So in many ways, it's very meaningful to us when customers complete surveys, whether positive, negative, or neutral.

On a quarterly basis, we also recognize and reward our team members working in back-end operations to keep frontline support seamless for our customers. Winners receive points they can redeem for all kinds of items in the internal 8x8 rewards platform.

With this program running successfully in our Tech Support groups for 4 months, we are now planning to scale this to other teams in the GCC organization like Deployment and Implementation.

Nir Galpaz

• 26.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

AMA Expert
    Posted 12-15-2021 09:38
    Thank you all who submitted questions, we hope that you will find this session helpful and hope to see you in future sessions as well.
    We appreciate everyone's partnership and support.

Happy Holidays !

Nir

Nir Galpaz

• 27.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-15-2021 09:57

Thank YOU @Nir Galpaz and once again to everyone that participated live and submitted questions via the form! We are proud to be able to hear directly from you and to have leaders ready to address your questions and concerns as we undertake the major transformation efforts Nir discussed above.

A couple of last items:

• In a departure from our normal process, we're going to leave this thread open until Thursday, 12/16/21. If further questions about 8x8 Support come in, we will post responses.
    • We got several pre-submitted questions that refer more specifically to 8x8 product features and functionality. If you submitted a question and don't see it included in this AMA, we will post as separate, standalone discussions on your behalf in the Open Forum.

Thanks once again to everyone! Stay plugged into the Community to hear about our next AMA!

(he/him/his)
    Minneapolis

• 28.  RE: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Nir Galpaz: 8x8 Support

Posted 12-16-2021 14:50
    This thread will now be closed, but as always, we encourage everyone to post any further questions on this topic as new discussions. Thanks again!

(he/him/his)
    Minneapolis